The Palm Springs Historical Society preserves two of the oldest remaining buildings in the Coachella Valley. The McCallum Adobe was built in 1884 and features exhibits on Palm Springs' history from Native Americans to the desert resort oasis of the 50's and 60's. The adjacent Cornelia White House was constructed in 1893 of recycled railroad ties and features period furnishings to recreate life in the late 1800's. The Adobe is also the starting point for the society's many historical walking tours offered each month. 

Palm Springs Historical Society