#32 Point Vicente Lighthouse

Point Vicente Lighthouse is one of the crown jewels of Rancho Palos Verdes. On the National Register of Historic Places, this Lighthouse was built in 1926 to help guide ships as they sail the ever-changing California coast. Standing 130 feet on a cliff above the ocean, it was first operated by the United States Lighthouse Service which merged into the U.S. Coast Guard in 1939. The Lighthouse was manned until 1971 where it continues to function as an electronic aids-to-navigation monitoring system.