Mission San Antonio de Pala Asistencia was founded on June 13th 1816 as an assistant to nearby Mission San Luis Rey de Francia. It currently resides on the Pala Indian Reservation making it the only mission still serving a tribe and only assistant mission that survives. The campanario or bell tower is the only freestanding one in the California Mission System. It served as notification of meals, work and religious services. 

Mission San Antonio de Pala Asistencia